Pages - Menu

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Getting Started: Time to Cleanse


I worked with a woman who used to rearrange her office before every major project. She would literally move the furniture around, clean, and reorganize her entire workspace. I used to think it was a stalling tactic, a form of procrastination, but have come to realize that starting with a clean slate, as they say, does help you tackle a project or problem with added energy and refreshed perspective.

Mental Cleanse I just had a full week’s vacation away, two whole weekends, plus 6 full work days off. This is the most time I have taken off since my wedding and honeymoon four years ago and IT WAS AMAZING. I had enough time to relax, spend time with family, and refocus on what I want to accomplish once I head back to the real world. I had time to set goals for work, for my business, and for my personal life. There is nothing like time away from your daily routine to put your priorities in perspective.

Physical Cleanse I have done a bunch of different eating cleanses in the past few years, but right now is not the time for me to be doing anything extreme with my diet since I am six months pregnant. I was pumped to come across this 21 Day Morning Detox Routine while browsing on Pinterest. It is less about going extreme and more about creating a healthy habit. The cleanse is simple, (and I have no idea why it is for 21 days) you drink warm water with lemon every morning when you wake up. A ritual to start your day with hydration, is absolutely a cleanse I can get in to.

Objects Cleanse I just started reading The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin while I was on vacation and for my last day off, I vowed to start on my Nagging To-Do List, a list of things that you have been putting off, that can only make you feel better once accomplished. The two things I tackled on the list kick-started a cleanse of my space. No, I didn’t clean the bathroom even though it really needs it. Instead, I finally changed out all the hangers in my closet to matching Huggable Hangers, recommended by my professional organizer, Minima. Then I cleaned out all the clutter, vacuumed, and detailed my car. These two very rewarding projects (that took a total of 2 hours to complete) were awesome things to check off my list and absolutely gave me energy to keep going with my list.

Here’s to added energy and feeling good about getting started!


6 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm going to start working on the same thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lady! It has been too long. What type of cleanse are you starting?

      Delete
  2. Doesn't it feel so good to check items off your list and have everything organized? I felt like that after FINALLY getting everything moved into our apartment after the wedding and knowing everything (well, almost everything) has a place where it belongs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is better than checking items off a list! So glad you are getting settled after your move! And thank you for tweeting my link :) See you soon!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic post! Time away is always a fab time to regain focus and be inspired by a change of scenery.

    ReplyDelete